Learn how easy – and worthwhile -- it can be to create an inclusive workplace. Read our info sheets and understand what it takes.
- Workplace Accommodations: Understand what expectations the Americans with Disabilities Act holds for employers.
- Interviewing Candidates: Should you ask a candidate about his or her disability? Learn how to conduct a thorough, comfortable interview while maintaining respect and professionalism for both participants.
- Inclusive Workplace eBook: Download our free ebook, "Working Together, Every Day" for ideas on how to improve your workplace diversity by breaking down the barriers to inclusion for candidates who are blind or visually impaired.
- Introduction to Inclusive Talent Acquisition: a free online course co-developed with Harvard Extension School, gives hiring managers and recruiters the tools they need to attract, interview and onboard qualified candidates with disabilities.
- Accessibility Consulting: Should your workplace be more accessible? Our experts can offer assessments, suggestions and services to enable every employee to fulfill his or her potential.
- Host a Perkins Student: Learn more about how your company can get involved and host a Perkins student.
- Join the Perkins Business Partnership: Our innovative team is working to eliminate employment barriers for people with blindness and visual impairment.
"What we need are businesses that will help raise the awareness of this issue. What we can offer those businesses is people who cherish their jobs, who will work very hard, and who will have a dramatic effect on the culture of your workplace."
— Joe Shaker, President, Shaker Auto Group