Charge Syndrome Fact Sheet
Parent Road Map
Students with Cochlear Implants:
These guidelines are designed to facilitate discussion among professionals and families for the purpose of monitoring educational programming and supports for communication access for students with cochlear implants.
Innovation Configuration for Evidence-Based Practices for Students With Sensory Impairments
The test of any intervention or procedure is evidence—not “whatever works” but “what works.” There may be more information about the effectiveness of various consumer products than the methods we use to teach children and youth with sensory impairments.This paper features an innovation configuration (IC) matrix that can guide teacher preparation professionals in the development of appropriate content for evidence-based practices (EBPs) for students with sensory impairments.
Journal of Deafblind Studies on Communication
This journal foregrounds knowledge that is developing in a new academic study-line that focuses on communication and deafblindness from various theoretical perspectives. The study-line is connected to the International Master in Pedagogical Sciences on Communication and Deafblindness at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands.
Reach for the Stars
Reach for the Stars aids families in working with school personnel to create educational plans
that will lead to inclusive educational programs. It helps families with planning positive transitions
for young children with disabilities.
- Family members can work with teachers, community members, and their child's peers to complete the maps and supporting materials prior to attending a transition meeting for their child.
- Service providers can use the material to understand a family's desires and expectations regarding their child's future.
- Information from the Reach for the Stars process can be utilized as part of the child's functional assessment to facilitate the development of an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) or an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Assessment: the process of gathering comprehensive information about children to guide educational programming decisions.
- Scope and Sequence: refers to the skills children should learn and the order in which they should learn them.
- Activities and Instruction: includes the contexts in which instruction occurs, as well as the strategies for providing instruction.
- Performance Monitoring: (progress monitoring) data on children's performance should be collected on a regular (ongoing) basis.