Nearly all businesses compete on customer experience, yet there’s a talent shortage – a lack of qualified candidates who can be trusted to solve your customer’s problems.
With Career Launch @ Perkins and our network of partners – across industries including healthcare, hospitality, telecom, retail, financial services, higher education, e-commerce and more – we are bridging the gap between these two realities.
Our program connects companies like yours with motivated, career-track job seekers, all of whom are blind or visually impaired – and all rigorously trained specifically to elevate your customers’ experience. They arrive ready to contribute, equipped with hands-on experience and industry training. And above all, when you partner with Career Launch, you open your business to candidates in search of not just a job, but a long-term career.
Become an Employer Partner
Our partners are industry leaders. They prioritize the customer experience and they recognize the importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Here's how you and your company can get involved:
- Provide guest speakers or panelists: Our program hosts weekly industry panels featuring experts in various customer engagement sectors.
- Host a site visit: We visit companies around Boston so that trainees can shadow customer service employees and hear from managers and staff.
- Send a team to role-play "customers" during call center practice sessions: This is a great opportunity for smaller teams looking for CSR opportunities. We give you everything you need for a quick, motivating and enriching turn-key volunteer opportunity.
- Lend us your interview expertise: Conduct informational or practice interviews with trainees by phone or in person.
- Invite our participants to an event: Do you have an event coming up? Have our program tag along. From trivia nights to work-specific seminars, we love to offer our trainees the opportunity to experience engaging professional activities.
- Become an internship partner: You have internships, we have qualified candidates. Our Careers Services team works closely with you on placement and throughout the internship to ensure you have a great match and know how to support them.
- Become an employer: Consider our grads for jobs! We offer one year of career support to our trainees and their new employers. Let us help you place incredible people in your customer engagement roles.
- Tell your colleagues, partners, and customers: Help us spread the word so that we can build more partnerships and help more young adults.
Want to help? Contact Angel Nash, Associate Director of Career Services, at 617-972-7606 or email Angel.Nash@Perkins.org.