Perkins School for the Blind is built upon a foundation of positive and supportive relationships with districts, students and their families. Below, find a list of our current offerings and resources. We’re here to help!
Current service offerings
- Apply to Perkins Admissions or request independent educational evaluations
- Perkins educational partnerships
(Itinerant teachers of thevVisually impaired, orientation & mobility services & evaluations)
- Perkins Infant Toddler Programs
- Tele-visits – In collaboration with early intervention programs, our teachers provide coaching strategies for families and teams, in accordance with the Massachusetts EI model of PIWI (Parents Interacting with Infants)
- Attend remote transition planning conferences and eligibility meetings for Special Education
- Questions? Contact [email protected] for more information.
- Perkins Outreach Short Courses (Ages 7-22)
- Remote programming available (including free of charge parent discussion groups and student social skills groups)
- If legally blind, funding is available through MCB (Massachusetts Commission for the Blind) for students ages 14 and up.
- Contact [email protected] for more information.
Parent support sessions
- Lighthouse Guild Parent Tele Support Enrollment and Information
- Lighthouse Guild Parent Tele Support CHARGE Syndrome Group
- Open to parents/guardians from the U.S., Canada and other countries. This wonderfully supportive group meets by phone every other Tuesday.
- Contact: Sheri Stranger, CHARGE Syndrome Tele-Support Group Facilitator, [email protected] or call the Family Support Programs at 212-769-6318
Parent learning and webinars
Cortical Visual Impairment/Cerebral Visual Impairment