This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed and passed the online class: Making Assistive Technology Solutions Across the Life Span. Participants use everyday tools and materials to create low tech assistive technology solutions for students with vision loss and multiple disabilities.
In order to earn this micro-credential participants will need to demonstrate the ability to design, create, and document a variety of AT solutions for students with vision loss and multiple disabilities.
1. Identify how ordinary, everyday tools and materials can be used to create assistive technology solutions for students with visual impairments and multiple disabilities.
2. Use a problem-solving process to develop a design to meet a student’s specific needs.
3. Describe the importance of trial and error in problem solving.
4. Identify the best tools and materials to be used for a specific design.
5. Create AT solutions to meet a student’s specific needs.
6. Describe how tapes, adhesives, putty instamorph, corrugated plastic, corner guard, sintra board, loc line, PVC, and industrial twist ties can be used when creating AT solutions.