This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed and passed the Literacy and CVI online class. Participants will gain an understanding of the core components of effective literacy programs and the research supporting methods and strategies in each core area. Using the CVI Range information, participants will learn how a CVI overlay is created to provide visual access and support literacy achievement for students in late Phase II through Phase III who are ready to learn to read print.
In order to earn this micro-credential, participants will demonstrate achievement of the learning outcomes outline below.
- Identify the components of effective literacy programs and investigate different types of literacy programs.
- Use the CVI Range to create a CVI overlay for individuals assessed in late Phase II through Phase III.
- Explain how complexity impacts literacy and how salient features, comparative thought and mediated learning are essential parts of literacy instruction for CVI learners.
- Create a presentation about CVI to share with their school staff(s).
- Identify research-based effective methods and strategies in phonological awareness, phonics, comprehension, vocabulary, fluency and writing.
- Design a student record sheet for a case study individual assessed in late Phase II or Phase III.
- Evaluate interventions and design a learning experience for each core area.