Thank you for expressing an interest in the Perkins Educational Leadership Program (ELP). This individualized program is designed to provide advanced level for professionals serving the educational needs of children who are blind or visually impaired with additional disabilities, including deafblindness.
The program selects participants with the understanding that the organization for which they work supports their participation. Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Work as a specialist or team leader at an agency that provides direct services to children who are visually impaired with additional disabilities or deafblindness, and have at least five years of experience in the field.
- Are involved in training or mentoring teachers in the area of multiple disabilities, visual impairment and/or deafblindness.
- Are proficient in the English language (speaking, reading and writing) to be able to understand lectures, discussions and written materials.
- Are experienced in working in diverse multicultural settings.
- Have the support of their organizations to study at Perkins and to share expertise with others in their country.
If you meet these criteria please fill out the form below. We will follow-up with you promptly.
Perkins welcomes qualified applicants without bias toward race, religion, gender or disability. Scholarship is available to qualified applicants on a needs basis. The application deadline is March 1, 2020.