In this webcast, Barbara Miles, a well-known author and lecturer, discusses the unique function hands serve for individuals who are deafblind. For people with vision and hearing impairments, hands become eyes, ears, and a voice. Barbara's realization that hands have so many critical roles changed the way she interacts with the hands of children who are deafblind.
- Touch as Essential for Learning for Most People with Deafblindness
- How Touch is Influenced by Culture
- Functions of Hands for Persons who are Deafblind
- Interacting with Persons Who Are Deafblindness
- Touch As the Foundation for Language Learning