Perkins School for the Blind
Collection contains correspondence relating to the Keller-Macy Cottage dedication ceremony, press releases, seating lists, a script of the dedication ceremony, and documents produced by the Perkins School for the Blind Deafblind Department. The collection also includes newspaper clippings about Helen Keller and her role in the dedication ceremony.
Amanda Landis, 2014
On November 15, 1956 Helen Keller dedicated the new building used by the Deafblind Department in honor of herself and her esteemed teacher, Anne Sullivan Macy. This ceremony marked the expansion of Perkins School for the Blind’s Deafblind program.
It is the responsibility of the user to obtain permission to publish from the owner of the copyright (the institution, the creator of the record, the author or his/her transferees, heirs, legates, or literary executors). The user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Perkins School for the Blind, its officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims made by any person asserting that he or she is an owner of copyright.
Folder 1: Edward J. Waterhouse Dedication Correspondence, September – November 1956
Folder 2: Dedication Correspondence (incoming), November 1956
Folder 3: Press Release, October 1956
Folder 4: Invitation and Program, November 14, 1956
Folder 5: Dedication Script, November 14, 1956 Folder 6: Seating List, November 14, 1956
Folder 7: Dedication Pamphlets, November 14, 1956
Folder 8: Deafblind Department Documents, November 1956
Folder 9: Newspaper clippings, 1956
Perkins School for the Blind.
Perkins School for the Blind--History.
Perkins School for the Blind--History--Sullivan, Annie, 1866-1936
Keller, Helen, -- 1880-1968
Sullivan, Annie, 1866-1936