Registration for this program is currently closed.
Ages 14-22: Zoom Ahead! will expose participants to an array of pre-transitional skills and resources, while connecting them with peers, mentors, public speakers, and skill-related professionals. Participants will engage in a variety of small and large group discussions with educators and panelists, receive individualized instruction, and walk away with knowledge and skills to better prepare them for their next step.
Technical Requirements: Access to technology with internet connection and a valid e-mail address to connect with the Zoom platform. Course materials will be sent and received electronically using e-mail and Google Drive.
Training areas and activities include:
- Increase self-awareness and improve self-esteem through understanding of personal strengths and limitations
- Food preparation from start to finish (i.e. menu planning, shopping, and preparing)
- Introduction to personal finances (i.e. basic money management, banking)
- Managing your wardrobe
- Career planning resources
- Orientation & mobility skills
- Social skills and peer relationships
Each session will run from 1PM - 3PM (Mon. - Fri.)
**APPLICATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17, 2020**
For more information, or a complete course syllabus, please contact:
Patrick Ryan: Patrick.Ryan@Perkins.org
Courtney Wescott: Courtney.Wescott@Perkins.org