THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN CANCELED.
Ages 13-22: Teenagers who are visually impaired face a wide array of situations in school, at home, and on the job where they must utilize problem solving, teamwork, personal management, and specialized skills. The three-week residential program offers intensive skills training, socialization and recreational activities and opportunities to improve self-confidence.
Training areas and activities include:
- Increase self-awareness and improve self-esteem through understanding of personal strengths and limitations
- Food preparation from start to finish (i.e. menu planning, shopping, preparing, serving, and cleaning up)
- Introduction to personal finances (i.e. basic money management, banking)
- Personal care skills (i.e. grooming, eating, hygiene skills)
- Functional communication skills (i.e. handwritten signature, typing, keyboard skills, braille)
- Home management skills (i.e. laundry, cleaning, organization skills)
- Career planning resources
- Orientation & mobility skills
- Social skills and peer relationships
- Community experiences (i.e. independent shopping and resources exploration)
- Leisure and recreational activity planning and experiences (i.e. swimming, horseback riding, canoeing)
June 21, 2020 (All day) to July 10, 2020 (All day)
Add to Calendar