Registration begins at 4:00 pm in the Howe Building.
How to get here
Perkins School for the Blind is located at 175 North Beacon Street, Watertown, MA 02472.
From the Massachusetts Turnpike, also known as I-90 (traveling east or west), take Exit 17 and follow the signs marked "Watertown," which lead to Galen Street. Follow Galen Street, crossing the bridge, to Watertown Square. Bear right (not the hardest right that leads along the river) onto North Beacon Street (Route 20). Follow North Beacon Street for about one-half mile to the Perkins campus (located on the right). Pass the campus and turn right onto Beechwood Avenue. The main parking lot is on the right.
You may park in any of our parking lots.
By public transportation:
- From the Green Line: At Kenmore Station in Boston, take Bus #57, marked Watertown. Get off at the last stop, Watertown Square. Cross the bridge and stay to the right, following North Beacon Street (Route 20). The campus is one-half mile on the right. (Travel time: about one hour.)
- From the Red Line: At Harvard Square in Cambridge, take Bus #71, marked "Watertown." Get off at the last stop. With your back to the river, walk to the right following North Beacon Street (Route 20). Follow North Beacon Street for about one-half mile to the Perkins campus located on the right. (Travel time: about 45 minutes.)
- From Green Street and Prospect Street in Central Square (Cambridge): Take Bus #70, usually marked "Cedarwood." A few minutes after the Arsenal Mall, get off at Beechwood Avenue (tell driver in advance). Follow Beechwood Avenue to the left for one block. The Perkins campus is located on the right at the intersection of Beechwood Avenue and North Beacon Street. (Travel time: about 45 minutes.)
We want to hear from you at #PerkinsHacks!
Rights to Use Image
The participant consents to any reports by Perkins about the participant's work in connection with the Hackathon and consents to photos as well as video and audio recordings of the participant being made by Perkins in connection with any publicity by Perkins related to the Hackathon.
All hacking will be done in and around Dwight Hall in the Howe Building on the Perkins Campus. Each sponsor will have a table with two chairs in the Museum area outside of Dwight Hall. You are free to set up the table as you like. We suggest that sponsors arrive by 3:00 pm Friday to set up your table before registration starts at 4:00 pm. Please let us know via email if you have special needs/instructions or need help in setting up your space. If you don't plan to maintain a table at the event, please let us know.
One of the most important parts of hackathons is mentoring! Here are a few tips for your mentors/company representatives who will be attending the event:
- Try to arrive around 3:00 pm on Friday to set up your table.
- You’re free to stay as long as you’d like (overnight if that suits your fancy!). We, of course, don’t expect that you stay the entire time, but we prefer that you stay for at least the first afternoon to connect with students.
- Feel free to roam around the venue and ask students what they’re working on and if they need help. It’s a good idea to stay at the table until around 9:00 pm Friday then one person at the table and one person roaming later on.
- Ration the swag. There will be people coming to the table at all hours, so try to spread it out - we want you to talk with the students, not just have them grab stuff and leave.
MLH Code of Conduct
As a Major League Hacking sanctioned event, we abide by the code of conduct on their website.
Please make yourself familiar with their code of conduct and understand that violations may result in suspension or ejection from the event without refund.
You may park in any of our parking lots.
Judges, mentors, workshop leads, and challenge experts are asked to report to the Howe Building on the Perkins campus at least 30 minutes prior to their required times (outlined below). Come to the Registration table where you will receive a volunteer bag and receive further instruction.
If you are driving to campus, you may park in any of our parking lots and walk to the Howe Building at the center of campus. View a map of campus with parking lot information »
- Arrive at 4:00 pm on Friday
- Invited back for the event on Saturday at 11:00 am through Closing Ceremony
- Arrive at between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm on Friday. Be available to Hackers for as long as you can throughout the event
- Arrive at 6: 30 pm on Friday. Workshops will be held at 8, 9, and 10 pm on Friday evening
- Arrive no later than 2:30 pm on Saturday. There will be a judging prep session at 2:30 pm. Judging will begin at 3:30 pm on Saturday with final awards completed during the closing ceremony which ends at 6:30 pm on Saturday.
The Perkins campus is accessible via the MBTA 70 and 71 Bus Routes. View Public Transportation Directions »