Registration is now closed for this workshop. Next workshops with availability are in Summer 2020. Please email Dan.Roy@Perkins.Org to be placed on a wait list.
The Level 3 Major Repairs workshop builds upon the Level 1 General Maintenance & Level 2 Minor Repairs Workshop and develops competency in dismantling, troubleshooting, and repairing of Perkins Braillers. Level 1 General Maintenance & Level 2 Minor Repair's is a required prerequisite for this workshop.
- Remove Right End Plate and all Assemblies down to the Left End Plate
- Practice Reassembly up to Right End Plate
- Dismantle Carriage and Stylus and Reassemble
- Dismantle Rear Support and Reassemble
- Remove and Reset Chain Assembly
- Reassemble entire Brailler to good working order
- Review troubleshooting Guide
- Overview of Service Manual Utilization
- Question and Answer session on how to proceed upon completion of training.
- Certificate Distribution
$800, includes tuition, necessary course materials, daily breakfast, and daily lunch for our four day workshop. At registration, you will be asked whether you’d like to include on-campus housing.
On-campus, discounted, dorm-like accommodations can be purchased with each workshop at checkout. Level 3 Major Repairs accommodations include:
- 4 night stay, non-negotiable
- Total price of $200
- Check-in night before workshop (July 31th) at 5:00pm EST
- Check-out last day of workshop (August 4th) at 8:00am EST
Learn more about why you should attend, what to expect, and frequently asked questions.