Registration is now closed for this workshop. Next workshops with availability are in Summer 2020. Please email Dan.Roy@Perkins.Org to be placed on a wait list.
The Level 1 General Maintenance & Level 2 Minor Repairs Workshop focuses on inspecting, cleaning and lubricating a brailler; understanding spare parts; learning how to use the service manual; and learning how to perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance on a Perkins Brailler.
- Introduction of Faculty/Participants
- Introduction to Braillers
- Utilizing the Service Manual
- Identification of Tools, Assemblies and Parts
- Cleaning and Lubrication
- Inspecting a Brailler
- Basic Maintenance
- Dismantling of Exterior Castings, except Right End Plate and Left End Plate
- Cleaning of Brailler with Left and Right Plate attached
- Disassemble and Reassemble Pressure Roller
- Disassemble and Reassemble Beam
- Remove Keys, Cam Levers, Spacebar, Links and Backspace assemblies
- Remove and Reinstall Mainspring
- Remove and Reinstall Intermediate Gear
$600, includes tuition, necessary course materials, daily breakfast, and daily lunch. Pricing varies if accommodations are included. At registration, you will be asked whether you’d like to include on-campus housing.
On-campus, discounted, dorm-like accommodations can be purchased with each workshop at checkout. Level 1 General Maintenance & Level 2 Minor Repairs Workshop accommodations include:
- 3 night stay, non-negotiable
- Total price of $150
- Check-in night before workshop (August 4th) at 5:00pm EST
- Check-out last day of workshop (August 7th) at 8:00am EST
Learn more about why you should attend, what to expect, and frequently asked questions.