In collaboration with the Deafblind Program, the Spring 2019 Adult Sign Language Classes will begin on January 28 and run for 10 weeks. Registration open until January 20, 2019. Anyone age 16 or over may register.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have taken a Level One course with us before taking a Level Two course.
Community Participants: $125.00
The fee is waived for Perkins Staff. At checkout, please use voucher code, signperkin
BOOK REQUIRED: The Joy of Signing by Lottie Riekehof. (Can be found online)
Level One: Includes approximately 500 word vocabulary, introduction to fingerspelling, and development of basic sign language skills. It is a prerequisite for Level Two Class.
Level Two: Includes approximately an additional 500 word vocabulary, fluency & comfort with fingerspelling, numbers, expressive skills in communicating in sign and fingerspelling, and basic receptive comprehension skills using fingerspelling and sign language.
- Level One
- Monday night, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- Tuesday morning, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday afternoon, 3:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Level Two
- Wednesday morning, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Please note: In addition-we are offering a special 5-week session.
Class will meet 2x a week for 5 weeks-Level 2 only-Starting March 19, 2019
- Level Two: Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, 3:30 – 5:30 pm
Refund Policy for Sign Language Classes
- 100% before the first class
- 90% before the second class
- 50% before the third class
- After the third class – no refund