Join us for Pre-Employment Program
The Pre-Employment Program (PEP) is an intensive one-week residential workshop that equips young adults with the skills necessary for workplace success.
Critical skills at a critical age
- Rigorous preparation for young adults ages 16 to 22 who are blind or visually impaired
- Real-life perspective from successful leading corporations such as Tufts Health Plan, Spaulding Rehabilitation Network, WinterWyman, Wells Fargo and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- A chance to tour real worksites including a visit to Google’s Cambridge campus
- Designed in collaboration with Dr. Karen Wolffe, a renowned international expert on career counseling for people who are blind or visually impaired, and led by Perkins educators
- Applicable to internships, summer employment, college work-study jobs and careers
“It can really help students with a visual impairment on employment.”
-Jordan, PEP alum
Targeting Expanded Core Curriculum skills
The program targets several ECC skills with particular focus on the following:
- Independent Living Skills
- Career Education
- Use of Assistive Technology
Please note that our program specifics subject to change in accordance with CDC guidelines. Pleas contact us for more information about any of our Outreach programs.