Training and Technology Services
All of our products and services are available in our Store and Demo Center or our trainings can be tailored for your home, office or school. Our staff is experienced in working with a wide range of individuals as well as staff from school systems, universities, libraries, ophthalmology practices and corporations.
You can now access our services no matter where you are in the United States.
Technology is forever changing. Keeping up with every new application can be daunting. Whether you’re a beginner learning to use adaptive software for the first time or a long-time user interested in learning a new application, our remote training may be for you.
We can train on the following:
- Speech and Braille Technology
- Large Print Access Technology
- Braille Production
- Hands-free Computing
- Learning Disability Software
- General Applications
How remote training works
All you need is high-speed internet, a phone connection, a computer and the desire to learn. We’ll direct you to a website and provide you with a password. After you've typed in the password, your trainer will be able to see your computer screen and will talk you through the lesson by phone or through an Internet communication tool.
We’ll make sure that you have the necessary equipment, such as the right operating system and web browser, to ensure the most efficient use of your time with us. Training packages and custom training programs are also available.
Please refer to our Remote Training FAQ for more information.
- Access to our personalized guidance and instruction without having to travel anywhere.
- One-to-one training
- Work from the comfort of your home or office.
- Save time and money.
- We work with you to understand your needs and to clearly define your goals before getting started.
For those who prefer their training experiences in person, our consultants can come to your home or office to assist you. As with our remote training, every session is customized to meet your individual needs. We will provide training at home, at school or on the job.
We provide technology evaluations for students and adults. A technology evaluation can take place at your location or in our center. Our technology expert will:
- Visit the classroom or location to assess lighting and equipment placement.
- Evaluate tasks that need to be completed.
- Demonstrate equipment usage.
- Give students a chance to test different options and solutions.
- Provide a written report describing suggested types of products and where they should be placed for maximum use. We may also offer suggestions on how tasks should be completed.