Each month, Perkins Training & Educational Resources Program releases the Educator Series, an email newsletter that offers advice, activities, curriculum, webcasts and other information for educators of students with visual impairment and additional disabilities. Recurring columns include Cindy's Corner, Ask the Expert and About the Authors, which offers an inside look into the latest Perkins Publications and their authors.
Table of Contents – Educator Series Archives
- Feature: Extreme Frisbee: A Wholistic Approach to Developing Literacy
- Australian TVI Debra Goodsir shares a creative way to promote literacy through Extreme Frisbee.
- WonderBaby: 10 Sensory Christmas Activities for Children who are Blind
- New Webcasts: KanLovKids Webcasts now available!
The Kansas State School for the Blind has provided Perkins with the opportunity to add the KanLovKids webcasts to our catalog.
- Online Workshops: Check out our Winter 2014 Online Workshops on Social Skills, IEPs, ASDVI, and CHARGE.
- Activity Bank: Check out these Ideas from the Garden !
- Making Teabags — uses herbs from the greenhouse or local market to make teabags for personal use, presents, or to sell.
- Mulling Spices — invites students to enjoy fragrance, texture, sound, color, and taste as they mix the spices and later create a mulled beverage.
- Farm-to-School Fair — the connection between how and where food is grown or produced locally, and how it becomes the food that we eat.
- Take Action Now: Join Perkins in Urging Senators to Support the CRPD
- Perkins Archives: Thomas Stringer and Images