Music Is Our Vision Festival Streamed Live from Perkins
Perkins student Anton Sviridenko performing alongside students from five other schools for the blind at the 2012 Music is Our Vision Festival. The concert was streamed live on YouTube.
On April 27-28, 2012, more than 100 students from Perkins and five other schools for the blind convened at our Watertown campus for the biennial Music Is Our Vision Festival.
Did you miss the concert? Don't worry!
The entire event was broadcasted live. Watch video of the concert on YouTube..
Schools from far and wide flocked to our 100-year-old campus to join in the musical festivities:
- Overbrook School for the Blind (Philadelphia, Penn.);
- Governor Morehead School for the Blind (Raleigh, N.C.);
- Maryland School for the Blind (Baltimore, Md.);
- St. Joseph School for the Blind (Jersey City, N.J.);
- W. Ross MacDonald School for Students Who Are Visually Impaired, Blind and Deafblind (Brantford, Ontario, CAN).
This two-day event was held originally at the West Virginia School for the Deaf and the Blind in 1994. Perkins last hosted the Festival in 2002.