2012 Spring Lantern Online
This edition of "The Lantern" illustrates how Perkins' exposes students to real-world challenges, gives them a safe space to practice making choices and understand the consequences of these choices. More importantly, this issue demonstrates these situations are as varied as the students themselves.
We invite you to read about one of our Secondary Program students who is learning to venture off campus on her own, confronting traffic and busy streets. Imagine the rush of wind, cold and excitement that our Outreach Program students experienced during a winter ski trip in Maine. Come along with two students in the Deafblind Program as they enter the workforce at Target. Celebrate the pride of a young woman in Thailand who started her own business and is helping support herself and her family. These stories and many more in the 2012 Spring Lantern...
- Markey honored as “Hero”
- Assert your dreams, MLK Day speaker urges
- Must love (guide) dogs
- Local mystery writers share secrets at Library forum
- Job fair connects visually impaired with employers
- Bruins, students good sports all around
- Board of Trustees welcomes two new members
- Senator takes field trip to Perkins campus
>> Save paper by receiving "The Lantern" by email.
Sign up at support.perkins.org/lantern.