In collaboration with the Deafblind Program, the Fall 2018 Adult Sign Language Classes will begin on September 24 and run for 10 weeks. Registration open until September 18, 2018. Anyone age 16 or over may register.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have taken a Level One course with us before taking a Level Two course.
Community Participants: $125.00
Perkins employees: fee waived
BOOK REQUIRED: The Joy of Signing by Lottie Riekehof. (Can be found online)
Level One: Includes approximately 500 word vocabulary, introduction to fingerspelling, and development of basic sign language skills. It is a prerequisite for Level Two Class.
Level Two: Includes approximately an additional 500 word vocabulary, fluency & comfort with fingerspelling, numbers, expressive skills in communicating in sign and fingerspelling, and basic receptive comprehension skills using fingerspelling and sign language.
- Level One
- Monday night, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- Tuesday morning, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Level Two
- Wednesday morning, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday afternoon, 3:30 – 5:30 pm
Refund Policy for Sign Language Classes
- 100% before the first class
- 90% before the second class
- 50% before the third class
- After the third class – no refund