With more than 185 years of setting standards of excellence in blindness education, Perkins prides itself on empowering educators, professionals and families everywhere by sharing its wealth of knowledge and experience.
Through Perkins eLearning, educators and parents can find the tools, resources and inspiration they need to encourage every student who is blind or visually impaired to discover his or her own skills, passion and potential. We offer:
- Online classes that provide an in-depth learning experience with a cohort of professionals with similar needs and interests, both online and in-person
- Self-paced online classe (tutorials) enabling you to earn credits by viewing our videos and completing tests online
- Webinars featuring discussions with professionals in the field of vision impairment
- Videos presented by experts on topics ranging from assistive technology in the classroom to overviews of complex medical conditions
- Publications written by our experts to share knowledge and best practices
All of our eLearning programs draw from the expertise found at Perkins School for the Blind, combined with our national network of authorities. As part of Perkins Training and Educational Resources Program, our programs are supported by a combination of Perkins’ endowment and generous private foundations.