- Audio Described Performances for the 2014-15 Season
- Audio Described Videos
- Audio Description Calendar
- Book Clubs
- Bookshare.org Free Trial Membership
- Braille Awareness Kit
- Braille Services
- Cassette Books
- Digital Books
- Foreign Language Services
- Instructional Music Services
- Jumbo Braille
- Large Print Books
- Massachusetts BARD
- Museum Passes
- Perkins Brailler Repair® Program
- Unabridged Digital Audio Books
The Perkins Braille and Talking Book Library offers library patrons the expertise of a trained reference librarian to assist patrons with questions and requests for specialized information. Most questions can be researched and answered within two to three business days; however, questions involving more in-depth research may require more time. The results of the librarian's research can be provided in the format most easily utilized by the borrower, including large print, braille, computer disk or email.
For specific questions or assistance, just ask the reference librarian at ReferenceLibrarian@Perkins.org or call 1-800-852-3133 or 617-972-7245.
In addition, you can connect to InfoEyes, a national "virtual reference" project. To try it all you need is a computer! The virtual reference desk is staffed by talking book library reference librarians in a number of states cooperating to provide reference services via computer to all users of talking book libraries across the country.
There are currently two ways to ask an InfoEyes reference question:
- Email a reference question and librarians will respond within 48 hours; or
- You can schedule an appointment to interact with a librarian via voice, text chat and co-browsing in the InfoEyes reference room
Satisfy your curiosity – try it and get your reference questions answered.