Fizz! Boom! Read! Summer Reading Program
The Perkins Fizz! Boom! Read! Summer Reading Program will run June 23 - August 22.
This summer we're focused on science: chemistry, robotics, electricity, and more!
Have fun choosing and reading books, and win prizes for it!
Registration starts June 1, 2014 -- Register Here!
PerKIDS Format Survey
Click here to receive PerKIDS in the format that best suits you!
- Contact the children's librarian.
- Read Perkins Library newsletters.
- Order books.
- Learn about fun things to do.
- July 2014: Elementary Summer Programs, Recording Books, Rock Candy Crystals, and more!
- June 2014: Summer reading, new webcast, outreach summer course, upcoming workshops, and more!
- May 2014: Latest Additions to BARD, Summer Reading, Worms in Dirt, and more!
- April 2014: Best books for children and teens, Early Connections Conference, and more!
- March 2014: Envision Conference, Audio-Described DVD, Outreach Events, and more!
- February 2014: Presidential Trivia, Activity Bank, Bookshare Workshop and more!
- January 2014: New Online Catalog, MLK Books, Perkins Outreach Events, and more!
- December 2013: Holiday Reading, School Vacation Outreach Programs, and more!
- November 2013: Thanksgiving crafts, reading books, trivia, and more!
- October 2013: BARD Mobile App, Outreach Short Courses, MIT Study and more!
- September 2013: Summer Reading Winners and Wrap-Up, Kids and Teens Poems, and more!
- August 2013: Summer Reading Update, New Webcast, Short Courses and more!
- July 2013: Described Videos, Digital Magazines, BARD Additions and more!
- June 2013: Summer Reading Registration, Camp, Reading List, and more!
- May 2013: National Braille Press Event, May's Holidays, Zoo Passes, Spring Craft, and more!
- April 2013: Museum Passes, Spring Craft, National Poetry Month, and More!
- March 2013: St. Patrick's Day, Trainings, Events and Conferences!
- February 2013: Farewell to Jo, Valentine's Day, Braille Challenge, and more!
- January 2013: Braille Literacy Month, Workshops, Short Courses, and more!
- December 2012: Free Family Fun and Winter Reading!
- November 2012: An Autumn Greeting, Books about the Fall, WonderBaby Holiday Giveaways, Short Course, Open House, and more!
- September 2012: Welcome Back to School, Summer Reading Update, Perkins Fall Festival
- August 2012: Londong 2012 Payalympics, Make Your Own Ice Cream, Free & Fun Summer Activities
- June 2012: Young Adult Books, Summer Reading Program, Summer Activities
- April 2012: Spend a Weekend in Space, National Library Week, New Audio Young Adult Books
- March 2012: Early Connections Conference, Webinars, Women's History Month & More!
- February 2012: Dogs at Work Stamp Collection Unveiling, Make Your Own Valentine's Day Cards
- January 2012: Happy New Year, Come Join us for an Info Day, New DVDs, Books & More
- December 2011: Holiday Books, Gift Ideas, Holiday Performances & More
- November 2011: Family Literacy Month, Braille Awareness Kit & a Fun Thanksgiving Recipe
- October 2011: Wonder Baby, Perkins Events for Parents, Halloween Books and Trivia
- September 2011: Good luck to Rachel & Celebrating Popular Children's Book Anniversaries
- August 2011: SHELF Project, Free Activities & the Library Twitter
- July 2011: Ice Cream Books, Obama's Letter to Perkins Girl Scouts
- May 2011: Win a Prize for Reading, Boston Celtics at Perkins, Free Braille Books
- April 2011: Movie Screening, MassPoetry, Vote for Teen Book Choice Award, BLIND Day
- March 2011: Get Ready for the Big Apple Circus, a Trip to Israel, Blind Bowling
- February 2011: Show Off your Talents
- December 2010: Dollars for Scholars, Perkins at the White House
- November 2010: Fall Happenings
- October 2010: Resources for Family Literacy
- September 2010: Back to School Fun with Avi, Banned Books, and Perkins Outreach
- August 2010: Summer Reading Update
- June 2010: Staying Current with the Perkins Library Summer Newsletter
- May 2010: Staying Current with the Perkins Library
- April 2010: National Library Week, Accessible Red Sox & Free Braille Books
- March 2010: Olympic Books, Tandem Bikes & Accessible Gaming
- February 2010: Schneider Book Awards, World Read Aloud Day, & Story Cove
- January 2010: Braille Literacy Month, Martin Luther King, Jr. & interactive Monopoly